Base Christmas party (and just random goodness)

I know, I know! Two posts in one week! Ok, are you up off the floor yet? Good...now...We've had an eventful week here. Not only did I get to do the Santa to the Villages flight this week, we also had our first Christmas visitor arrive. Makenzie (Zach's sister, for those that don't know) got here after spending 15 long hours in Anchorage. Luckily the Koehler family has friends there (remember Sunny, Jed and the rest of the Hefley family from our travels here?) and they picked Mak up from the airport for a few hours and took her to lunch. We pretty much have spent the first few days just relaxing. She has slept until 11 everyday so far. I don't blame her though. The school she goes to in L.A. keeps her really busy and she also works, so she doesn't have much time to sleep or eat right. She has been able to get plenty of rest and get some home cooked meals. We even special ordered fresh snow for her! Ok, so God blessed us on His own with that, but we were hoping for some.

Friday night we had the Air Station Christmas party. It was a lot of fun. We got to eat and they had a good DJ. They had raffles and we didn't win anything. Oh well, no big deal. I was actually really happy cause there were only a few officers that won. I think it means more to the enlisted guys and girls. And they deserve it! We got all dressed up for it. It's one of the few occasions that we get to dress up here, so I will take advantage of every opportunity. We danced after dinner and then went upstairs to the sports bar where the band Stranded was playing. The band is made up of 5 guys, 4 are pilots here and the other guy is a local. They are actually really good. We were dancing and having a good time. Zach had duty on Saturday though, so we ended up leaving early. He had duty with Kevin Rapp and he was the one organizing the party, so he kinda had to stay late. Zach decided that he should get extra sleep since he knew Kevin wouldn't get to. Good times were had by all.

Today Mak and I went to the base to help with "Pictures with Santa". Zach met us up there after about an hour and we got our picture taken on Santa's lap. Zach didn't want to but luckily for me (unlucky for him) Devin walked in and said he needed to pick up the pics he and Stef had taken last week with Santa. Hah! I got him there...I made him take off his jacket and sit in Santa's lap with me, flight suit and all. We got one just the two of us and one with Mak in it too.

After that we had lunch together at the pizza parlor on base then just came home and chilled the rest of the day. Zach had to stay at work and will be home in the morning, but Mak and I pretty much just sat on the couch, played on our computers and watched Ray. Yeah, very exciting, but I ended up with a headache and she just wanted to hang out. I've really had a good time with her the past couple days. We've had quite a bit of time just the two of us and it's been nice.


Oh! I never did post about our annual Christmas party! We had it on the 9th. It was a lot of fun. We had about 11 people here. Some couldn't make it that we were originally expecting due to extenuating circumstances. We missed them, but we still had a good time. It was a very relaxed party and it was actually the least stressed we've ever been before a party. We had hot apple cider and all kinds of appetizers. The food was great, but the company was better. We said we'll invite more people next year.

It's been really pretty here the past few days. There have been snow showers and I got some pics of our backyard. Let me just say...I love it here. I love the snow. I don't particularly enjoy driving on the icy roads, but it beats sitting in traffic any day. I think I will probably go nuts when I go back to the lower 48 even for vacation with so many people and traffic. Sure, there are aspects I miss, but I like the slower pace here. Plus, you just can't beat the views.

We've got some pics on Snapfish. Here are the links to our other digital albums.



Comments

Anonymous said…
Well I see how we rate! You move and don't even call us wiht your new info. Wait, that might be because we moved too. Our cell phones still work, unlike yours. Our new home # is (361) 299-5893. Give us a call.

Eric, Kris, J.T., Sydney and Amy
Anonymous said…
I think it's time for an update :-)

It has been 2 months. lol

Marci

Popular posts from this blog

Ok, so here's my quarterly post

Potty Trained!

Gabriel's big boy haircut and more