Some Sweets and Some Funnies

*Picture info at bottom of blog*

The kids were SO good today (until bedtime, but we won't talk about how they threw fits until they fell asleep). Even though they both woke up at 6 a.m. Here are some of the things that happened:

They wanted to play piano and I forgot that the cover was down. They must have been trying to lift it up when Gabriel's finger got smooshed. I don't think it got slammed, just the pressure of the lid on his finger. He starts crying so I go in there, pick him up (lifting the lid up so Donavyn can play and won't get hurt), go sit on the couch and he just cries into my shoulder for a while. He then says, "huwt" and shows me his finger. I kiss it and ask if it's all better and he says, "no" (very emphatically). This continues for a while, with me alternating between comforting and trying to make him laugh.

Meanwhile, Donavyn is playing the piano and singing "tinkle, tinkle dar, woner woner are" taking intermittent breaks to applaud and cheer for herself. After she tires of this, she comes into the living room and tries to climb up in my lap with Gabriel....or so I think. She IS climbing up, but NOT to get to me. She wraps her arms around her brother and says, "Wub ew bery mush, Babwiel. All be'er? Finger hut. I sowy, Babwiel. Wub ew". I was SHOCKED. Yes, ALL of that came out of my barely two year old's mouth at once. She was just hugging on him and patting his back and face the whole time she was talking to him. When she asked about his finger she held his hand and looked at it. SO cute.

I learned today that Gabriel not only can recognize numbers, but he KNOWS the numbers 1 and 2. He brought two signing flash cards to me with frogs on them and said, "two fwogs. weebit weebit." I thought it was a fluke until I experimented with him tonight and I had four cars and asked him how many there were. He took two away and put them behind his back then laughed and said, "two cars". I had no idea kids learned things like that this early.

They both now enjoy reading. Donavyn has loved books forever, but Gabriel has just started liking them in the past week or so. I could read to them all day and they wouldn't get bored, I think. He has his favorite now that he knows the entire book by heart. It's called Peek A Who? He turns the pages and "reads" the book and gets most of it right. His favorite page is the peek a BOO page b/c it has a ghost and he likes being scared lately.

Speaking of enjoying being scared, the kids try to scare each other all day. They can be doing something together or separate and they will just say "BOO" while jerking their arms toward the other one - or me - and they just giggle and say, "scare me".

Donavyn has taken to saying "catch 'er" when she wants to be held. Why, you ask? Well, b/c she likes to stand at the top of the stairs and when we are a few steps below, she will just fall forward, stiff as a board and we'll catch her to bring her downstairs. She is so trusting, it's almost scary.

They also ask for their "bitebabins" a few hundred times a day. Gotta love those Flinstones, huh?

There were some others I can't remember right now, but I'm sure that this is more than enough. Sorry for those of you that hate to read baby talk, but since my family doesn't get to hear them talk, this is the best way for them to know (somewhat) what they sound like.

I spoke with Zach tonight and apparently he has some great pictures from his deployment. I'll make him do a blog when he gets home. Which will be soon...YAY! I hate when he's gone. I really do.

*The picture at the top is one of my favorites from this spring while we were visiting my family. This was Easter day and we had JUST finished taking family pictures. They snuck into the back yard and climbed into their mini pool fully clothed. It was TOO cute!


EDIT TO ADD: Can you believe that I actually made another post already? I think it was my way of focusing on the good parts of the day since the ending wasn't so good. Ahh, the joys of two two-year-olds.

Comments

Oh my gosh.. how cute are they? So sweet that they're so close.
Anonymous said…
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing the 'sweets and funnies'. Keep sharing more often...it makes me feel like I'm not missing out on all the cute things they do. I like the one about their scaring each other...sounds like they have a bit of their Aunt Becca in them! Ha. She (and Makayla) still get a kick out of scaring me!!! Hugs and kisses.
Josh and LB said…
Those were super cute stories Beth...you have some cute kids you know!
Amy said…
Beth, I enjoyed reading your update! I'm sorry I wasn't able to make it to Emily's party. I would love to have met you in person! Your children are absolutely beautiful!
Anonymous said…
That is just so cute!

Popular posts from this blog

Ok, so here's my quarterly post

Potty Trained!

Gabriel's big boy haircut and more