A New Start

The past month or so I've really tried to upload pictures and make some update posts, but every time I sit down to do it, I just CAN'T! I've been trying to figure out why exactly it's been so hard and I think I've come to the realization that I just don't like to live in the past. I know it's not really living in the past, but I prefer to post new pics and things as they happen, not two months later. I apologize to my family for not keeping up with this better, and I am going to do my best to start doing that now.

With that realization about not living in the past also came the realization that I don't particularly live in the present either. I tend to focus on (many would say worry about) the future. I'm not exactly sure when these truths hit me smack upside the head, but they have. The past few days I've been trying to focus on the present and enjoying things the way they are now. It's important to take the lessons from our past and our hopes and dreams for the future to work on today.

God has really worked heavily on my heart the past year on one thing in particular. Not long after we brought Gabriel home, I was up in middle of the night rocking one of the kids back to sleep. At that time, we had to leave the radio on all night for the kids or they would wake up every half hour or so. We left it on K-Love and there happened to be a segment about letting your "yes be yes". For some reason, it struck a chord and for the past year or so, I've been focusing on letting my yes be yes.

It hasn't been easy and I have failed in my efforts in several areas, but I feel that GOD has truly encouraged and given me the time to focus on decisions before making them. The times I do NOT heed His guidance to truly think things through, I have regretted my decision every time.

Why I'm sharing this, I have NO idea. Perhaps it's because I haven't let my yes be yes regarding my blogging (i.e. "I'll get another blog up this week", and here we are 6 weeks later).

SO, with that said, I hope these videos and pictures that I took today will suffice. For the family that I will soon see (YAY for visiting FL next month!) you can see all the pictures from the past year or so while I'm there, promise.

Oh, and please pray for me as I take a while to expand my focus to include living in the moment, while learning from the past and building towards a future. I think this is a huge struggle for me.

Ok, without further ado, here are your pictures and videos.

Here Miss Donavyn is playing on the "motorcycle" Grandma and Pawpaw gave Gabriel for Christmas. It plays music (which you can hear in the video). She had SO much fun on this today.





The next picture is of Gabriel, happy as a clam to be flipped upside down. We cut his hair the other day b/c it was long enough to put in a pony tail and was driving him crazy (not to mention me). And yes, I did say "we". Zach used his 1" clippers, then I used scissors to trim it up. It's not perfect, but he looks so cute. He's such a big boy now!



This last video is of the kids playing with the bubbles that Nana and Papa sent for Valentine's Day. We got them a couple days ago and they play with them for 15 minutes before moving on. You are lucky I'm even posting it b/c I HATE videos of myself, but the kids are just too cute in it, that I know you all will love it.



OH! One more thing! Gabriel has FINALLY starting making more sounds and can now say "momma", "dada", "nana", and make the "ba" sound. I am convinced that he said "bubble" more than once today. And my mom heard it too, so I can't be imagining it. Donavyn says, "momma", "daddy", "ni-ni", "nana", the "ga" sound, "baby", "hi", "hedo" (hello), "hey" (can you tell she is social?) and we're working on the "pa" sound too. I can't believe they are growing up so fast!

Comments

Coastieturtle said…
Good to see new pics....they are too adorable. Also I have no idea how you managed the both of them at first, did you ever sleep?
I have to admit, being a parent is by far the hardest job I've ever had...but so much fun....well sometimes not so much between 2 and 6 am.....

Popular posts from this blog

Ok, so here's my quarterly post

Potty Trained!

Gabriel's big boy haircut and more