Sleepless in Seattle

We decided to drive straight to Seattle on Wednesday so we could have a break on Thursday. I think the girls needed a break too. I tried to get the pics up, but it's not letting me post any and we can't for the life of us figure out why. We may try deleting some of the pics in previous posts to see if that is the problem.

We went to the Space Needle yesterday. What an amazing structure! It's 605 feet tall and was built for the World's Fair in 1962. We walked around and got some pics up there before going down to the nearby foodcourt for some lunch. Zach hasn't been feeling very well, so we ended up having soup and sandwiches. We headed back to the hotel after that so Zach could get a nap before dinner.

We were invited to Leighanne and Todd....ugh, I can't remember their last name I just remember her maiden name - Presley. I do know it starts with a G. Hmm...Delinda, help me out here. Anyway, they had us over for dinner, but Todd, Cora Lynn and Savannah had to go to a track awards thing for school. Savannah ran track this year and won 10 awards! Congrats! Zach and I really enjoyed chatting with Leighanne. Ok, so we girls did most of the talking, but hey. It was nice to be around her again. I can totally see why she and Delinda are best friends.

Speaking of Delinda...it was funny b/c the first thing out of Leighanne's mouth was, "You look just like Delinda, you are making me miss her more!" Savannah thinks I sound just like her too. I never think about it I guess. It was really funny.

They wanted us to bring the dogs with us and Snowflake and Morgan really enjoyed being in a house with carpet and couches. It was really funny. They were pretty calm for the most part.

After the awards, they brought back ice cream and Leighanne had made a cake. It was so good! I'm so glad we were able to hang out with them. We haven't seen any of them since May of 2002. The girls have grown up so much! They are beautiful! Leighanne and Todd haven't changed a bit. I am kicking myself in the butt too. I can't believe I forgot to take pictures while we were there. I actually woke up this morning mad at myself for it! Oh well...se la vie.

Today we are off to Bellingham to catch our ferry, so it will likely be a while before we are able to get back online. We will have lots to update when we get back on though. I'm a little nervous about the ferry and leaving the Continental US. I've never done that before, but I know that God is in control and He will take care of everything. I just wish the girls didn't have to stay in the car. There are 3 pet calls a day though, but still.

Ok, I must get ready to leave now. We will try to get back on soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ok, so here's my quarterly post

Potty Trained!

Gabriel's big boy haircut and more