Gabriel's 4 month check up


Got info about his 4 month check up, which was on Saturday. He weighs 14.8 lbs and is 24.8 inches. His head circumference is 16.4 inches, which puts him in the 93-94th percentile for Guatemalan children. On the American growth charts he is at about the 25% for length, 50% for weight, 25% for head circumference, and 75% for lenght/weight ratio. I haven't found a Guatemalan growth chart for anything but head circumference, but I'm so glad that he is on par with American children. I think this will probably help him as he grows up.

Most of the children we saw while on our visit were TINY. There were children close to a year old who were smaller than Gabriel. Some of that has to do with genetics, but a lot of it (I'm certain) has to do with the care they are receiving. I'm so glad I've got a healthy boy!

He did receive some shots: his second dose of DPT and his first of Meningitis. Poor baby didn't look to happy in the pictures we got of him. I don't blame him either. They are on the other computer, so I'll update that later today. It's amazing how much his hair grew in just a week! Man, we are going to be cutting it all the time!

I have my next prenatal appointment next Tuesday and then I start going every other week. Fun stuff. I guess since I'm getting close, we need to start looking at the classes the hospital offers. I can't believe baby girl will be here in about 12 weeks! ACK! SO much to do!

Zach did start painting the nursery this week, but unfortunately it will have to wait a few days for another coat. He found out yesterday at about 3:30 that he has to leave for a couple days to go down to Spokane, WA for some training. If he doesn't go this week, he won't be able to fly until he gets it done. That's ok though. I'm glad he's doing it now and not once the kids get home.

Comments

Coastieturtle said…
12 weeks that's great...I can't wait to see both of the little ones. You must be so excited. Your pictures are so awesome and I bet he looks even cuter in person.

Popular posts from this blog

Ok, so here's my quarterly post

Potty Trained!

Gabriel's big boy haircut and more