Happy 4th of July!!!


Hope everyone is having a wonderful day today! I'm busy washing clothes and packing for the trip. I can't believe we leave in only 4 days!!! Less than a week now until I hold my boy! I can't believe it! The excitement is really sinking in.

I had a busy day yesterday. I had a Dr's appt and they scheduled me for an "emergency" 1 hour glucose test for later that day. Everything is fine, it must have been the Honey Nut Cheerios I had for breakfast that made my sugars high. Of course I don't eat very well while Zach is gone, so that probably had a lot to do with it to.

Becca had her Change of Command, so she is officially the Commanding Officer (CO) of Fish School. It's a lot longer name than that, but I'm not even going to try it. She even made the front page of the paper. Check out the article. I wish it had a picture on there. She should have one on her blog soon. She better.

CraftNite was last night too and it was a lot of fun, as always, with good food, good girlfriends and plenty of laughs. Not much crafting though. What's new?

Then Jason and Becca invited me to go watch the midnight fireworks with them down at the marina. It was fun. I was really impressed with the fireworks show too. I'm used to music for the fireworks, so that was missing, but they had a good show none-the-less. The photo at the top was the grand finale. Actually, the one below was the beginning of the finale also. I know the top one looks like it was actually dark, but the one below shows what it was really like. See? More like twilight? This was at about 12:30 a.m. too!

Today, we're going to grill out for dinner. It's not as pretty today as it has been for the past week, so I think our gorgeous streak is going away. I hope Guate isn't very rainy while we're there. It's winter and rainy season, but I've heard that July is the least rainy of the rainy months. I'm looking forward to the warmth though. Must remember sunscreen though.

Oh! One more thing....we are going to TRY to blog some while we are in Guate. The Marriott has Wi-Fi, so we should be able to with no problems. We'll share pics here too.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey B & Z,

I hope your trip was great and you are getting settled in.

Thinking of you!

Jana
Anonymous said…
Hey guys! I'm checking this blog like nobody's business for an update! Hope you're having a beautiful trip. :) Love ya!

Popular posts from this blog

Ok, so here's my quarterly post

Potty Trained!

Gabriel's big boy haircut and more