Greenpeace meets Kodiak



As I was driving home on this yet another GORgeous Alaskan night I noticed an interesting boat docked where one of the ferries was when I went past a couple hours earlier. As I got closer I noticed it had a rather interesting paint job and that is said "GREENPEACE" on the back. So of course I pull in to the ferry terminal parking to get a better look. Luckily I had my camera with me and got some shots of the boat. I'm not sure how long they are here for, but they were loading what looked like food on while I was taking pics. I am SO loving my zoom lens! Then I saw the crew coming out of one of the famous local bars on Marine Drive across from the marina. I know it's them because I looked at their website to find out why they are here and there were pictures of the crew and the lady was wearing the same outfit. If you want to know why they are here, look here.

Just want to say too, that I don't necessarily agree with Greenpeace. I think their hearts are in the right place, they just don't go about making their point in the right ways most of the time and end up hurting the environment themselves. It's just not something you see every day and thought it was interesting.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ok, so here's my quarterly post

Potty Trained!

Gabriel's big boy haircut and more